Loft conversions Basingstoke
Access Loft Conversions in Basingstoke specialises in turning lofts into usable, beautiful spaces. We have a highly experienced team that can handle your loft conversion from start to finish. This includes drawing up plans, dealing with Building Control, completing the build, and cleaning up the work area once the conversion is complete.
Here are some of the main reasons why people choose to get a loft conversion in Basingstoke from us.
Add extra space
Converting your loft is an ideal choice if you have a growing family or you need space for other purposes – such as creating a home office. It is also an ideal solution if you don’t have much space outside your existing property, or if you don’t want to increase the footprint of the existing building.
Increase the value of your home
Getting a loft conversion can also increase the value of your home. Depending on your particular circumstances, this increase can be by as much as 30 percent. This is usually because estate agents in Basingstoke can market your home with an additional bedroom when your loft is converted – buyers are usually willing to pay a lot more for that additional room.
Make your home easier to sell
You may not be thinking of selling your home at the moment but it is still good to know that completing a loft conversion will make it easier to sell. This is because you will have more rooms to offer so your home will become even more appealing to buyers.
Types of loft conversion
There are several different types of loft conversion, and we have experience with each. Here are the main types of loft conversions in Basingstoke: • Roof light – a roof light loft conversion keeps the existing roof slope. A roof light is then fitted by removing tiles and, where necessary, rafters. It is often the most affordable type of loft conversion.
• Dormer – a dormer loft conversion extends the existing roof by projecting vertically from it. This creates vertical walls in the loft as well as a horizontal ceiling. It is good for high pitched roofs and if you want to create more space.
• Mansard – a mansard loft conversion creates even more space than a dormer conversion. It is normally built at the back of your property. The back wall constructed as part of the conversion has a 72-degree angle. It also has a flat roof and dormer windows.
• Hip to gable – a hip to gable loft conversion is for homes with a hipped roof, i.e. a roof that slopes on one side. This reduces the space available in the loft. This type of loft conversion removes the hip part of the roof and replaces it with a gable (vertical) wall. Loft conversions usually don’t require planning approval, but you should always check. There may, however, be party wall issues. If this is the case, you will need to ensure you carry out your responsibilities with your neighbours.
Working with us
• Start by getting a free consultation and structural survey
• We then give you a range of options to help you make a decision
• You will also get a no-obligation quote
• Once you’re happy and appoint us to the project, one of our architects will create detailed plans
• We then deal with planning permission and Building Control approval
• Work on your property is carried by our skilled and experienced team
• We treat your home with respect and cause as little disruption as possible
• We’ll complete your loft conversion to the highest possible standard
• Everything is left clean and tidy once the work is finished so you can start using the loft immediately. So, if you’re planning a loft conversion in Basingstoke, you should contact us today – we can help you create the home of your dreams.